Posted by William Mullane | July 22, 2014
Though TechHelp is not an employment service, we occasionally post jobs on behalf of Idaho manufacturers that are looking for help. We recommend that companies work closely with their local Idaho Department of Labor Office to list positions. If you would also like to post a position with TechHelp, please contact Bill Mullane at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 208.426.2266.
Click a Tab Below to View Positions at The Following Organizations
Twin Falls, Idaho
After moving to New York from his native Turkey, Chobani’s founder and CEO Hamdi Ulukaya found that in America, yogurt just wasn’t as delicious and widely available as it was back home. He believed everyone deserved better options, so he set about making delicious, nutritious, natural and accessible Greek yogurt right here in the United States.
“Better food for more people.” It’s a simple precept, but one that drives Chobani forward every day. From that first revived yogurt factory in New Berlin, New York, to a gleaming state-of-the-art facility in Twin Falls, Idaho, to an international foothold in Dandenong, Australia and beyond – in the few short years since its debut, Chobani has climbed to the top of the yogurt category and turned Greek yogurt into a household staple.
With a growing team of thousands, Chobani strives to stay true to and honor Hamdi’s vision and goals for our company: To develop and foster meaningful relationships with those around us, to give back to our local and global communities, and to create one perfect cup of yogurt at a time. As a company, we’re proud to offer careers with limitless opportunities. We look for only the most passionate and hard-working people who will share this vision and help our rapidly growing company reach the next level. Chobani gives us all the chance to make a difference.
Reporting to: R&D Manager
Location: Twin Falls, ID
In this exciting role you will work with a team of scientists and developers to create new products and expand on existing categories, managing the project from concept to commercialization.
- Ownership of product platform and management of product development plans and strategies from concept development through initial production launch to ensure that projects are successfully completed
- Manage projects developing new and existing products from conceptualization to commercialization – this includes budget and project timelines.
- Communicate project requirements and recommendations as well as status to internal customers and external vendors.
- Lead, assist, and work directly with plant processing and production personnel to ensure trial runs and start-up operations are properly performed.
- Support the development, maintenance and ongoing improvement of an efficient and effective product development process, project management tools and techniques, and related documents
- Proactively manage changes in scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans
- Promote more efficient and effective project work.
- Maintain various pilot plant equipment utilized to manufacture pilot bench top samples.
- Complete clean-in-place (CIP) and related sanitation tasks for the pilot plant unit.
Education & Experience
- Minimum B.S. Food Science or related degree. Advanced degree strongly preferred.
- 5-7 years of food industry experience required, dairy/cereal/ice cream background is preferred
- Familiarity with Lean product development, basic research tools and statistical analysis.
- Solid business and scientific technical acumen; versatile team player that is comfortable under pressure
- Strong analytical, problem solving, critical thinking, organizational, and financial planning skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Organized, results-oriented, and strategic thinker
- Prioritize and balance multiple projects and priorities
- Firm understanding of product and process development
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills, including ability to present persuasively to all levels of management, both internally and externally
- Team player with the ability to inspire and be inspired by many different types of people and roles
To apply for the position, visit www.chobani.com or call 607.337.1246
Chobani is an equal opportunity employer. Chobani will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on any basis including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, predisposing genetic characteristics and genetic information, or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws.
147 State Highway 320 | Norwich, NY 13815 | o 607.337.1246 f 607.337.1240
Intermountain 3D was started in 2014 to bring commercial 3D printing capabilities to manufacturers, product designers and entrepreneurs. Leveraging their many years in the 2D commercial printing industry, principals Brian and Lynn Hoffmann bring a unique understanding to design-for-manufacture requirements. Developing strong and lasting relationships with customers and working with them to meet their most challenging needs is the foundation on which Intermountain 3D is built and operated.
The Service Bureau Lead (SBL) is responsible for the day-to-day operation of Intermountain 3D’s service bureau, which includes 3D design, reverse engineering, and prototyping. Demonstrated attention to detail, a desire for excellence, and a professional customer service orientation are essential to success in this position. The Service Bureau Lead will perform all functions of the service bureau work, including 3D design in Solidworks, reverse-engineering of customer parts, evaluating customer files, creating customer cost estimates, preparing files and equipment for 3D printing, post- processing 3D printed parts, and inspecting parts for conformance. A successful Service Bureau Lead will combine a technical skillset with an interest in growing a high-tech business, and a demonstrated passion for delivering exceptional products to customers.
Applicants who meet the minimum Skills and Position Requirements are encouraged to apply by sending a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Applications will be accepted until Wednesday, January 11, 2017 at 6p mountain time.
We, a team of inspired people, create our future through innovation with integrity, passion, and excellence. We create solutions and opportunities to enrich the lives of our customers, Rekluse team, shareholders, partners and the communities in which we live. Together, we are more than we could be alone.
The Idaho Department of Agriculture serves consumers and agriculture by safeguarding the public, plants, animals and the environment through education and regulation. The Department has an ever-important place in one of the state’s largest industry sectors. Idaho’s economic well-being is forever tied to the health of its farming and ranching. New opportunities exist that will redefine the future of agriculture in Idaho. As agriculture changes, ensuring efficient and superior service delivery will be the department’s foremost priority. The pledge has been made to optimize the value of principles our farmers and ranchers have framed over the past century. Idaho agriculture is diverse, abundant and rooted in our history. The state has nearly 25,000 farms and ranches which produce more than 185 different commodities. Idaho ranks in the top ten in the nation in 30 of those commodities. Agriculture remains a fundamentally important part of Idaho’s economy, communities, and way of life. It also contributes significantly to the state’s economy with $7.5 billion in Agriculture Cash Receipts and $8.5 billion in Processed Food and Beverage Sales in 2015. From cheese to potatoes to wine, Idaho is producing quality products to feed the world and fuel our state. Together, agriculture and food processing generate 21% of Idaho’s total economic output in sales and 16% of GSP.
This position requires frequent domestic and international travel.
Open for Recruitment: February 2, 2017 – February 16, 2017
Announcement # 00150023535
Salary Range: 20.87 -Plus Competitive Benefits!
The J.R. Simplot Company is a diverse, privately held organization with roots firmly planted in agriculture and agriculture-related businesses. These endeavors have been around for centuries and will continue to be a vital part of the global economy.
The J.R. Simplot Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status.**
The Microbiology Manager is responsible for managing all aspects of the Food Group Microbiology Laboratory which provides laboratory support for the Simplot Idaho processing facility as well as fully supporting the overall Food Group Business. This position will effectively manage all Microbiologist positions which will involve supporting seven day per week coverage.
• Maintain laboratory practices and systems in accordance with ISO17025 requirements.
• Motivate and provide training to Microbiologist workforce.
• Manage workload priorities and schedule Microbiologists as appropriate
• Maintain and measure a high level of customer satisfaction.
• Support Microbiologist positions to meet business needs.
• Review and approve analytical results.
• Manage lab operating budget.
• Conduct quality improvement initiatives.
• Identify and assist in implementing continuous improvement processes.
• Master’s degree in microbiology or biotechnology field preferred.
• Eight plus years’ experience in Laboratory or associated environments.
• Exposure to ISO 17025, laboratory auditing and laboratory quality control programs.
• Demonstrated managerial and training experience.
• A combination of education and experience will be considered.
• Visit www.simplot.com/careers
• Select Job Search
• Select Current Opportunities
• Select All Open Positions
• Apply to Job ID #3573
Please prepare a cover letter outlining your interest and qualifications and submit with your resume via our online application process described above. For best results, please upload your resume as a Microsoft Word or Adobe PDF document. This process includes additional job relevant questions, so plan on at least 20 minutes when you apply.
When a position is in the interview stage or has been filled, it will no longer appear on our Simplot Careers website. If you experience any technical difficulties when applying through our online system, please contact our Employment Center for assistance at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Crunch Pak is the leading maker of cleaned, ready-to-eat fresh apple slices. Located in Cashmere, Wash., the heart of Washington state apple country, Crunch Pak was founded in 2001 by apple growers who believed that people would eat more apples if they were easier to eat.
Reports To: General Manager
Works With: Operations Manager, Production Manager, Maintenance Manager
Manages: Food Safety & Supply Integrity Manager, Technical Manager, Sr. Sanitation Manager
Job Summary: Central Washington fast pace fresh cut processing company is seeking a Sr. QA Manager that will be responsible for making sure company products are safe and meet or exceed company quality standards and fully comply with food regulations. This individual will lead the development and daily management of the plant quality system and quality control staff. Salary DOE.
- Provide day-to-day leadership to QA and production to help resolve any quality issues to better serve the operations.
- Monitor and drive quality assurance systems to comply with food safety program and GFSI standards.
- Implement and enforce quality systems to help comply with company and FSMA based food safety programs.
- Provide training to further develop quality assurance personnel.
- Ensure all company and regulatory policies and standard operating procedures pertaining to food safety, quality and organic integrity are accurately documented, clearly communicated and effectively implemented by our suppliers
- Provide technical support to operations group as needed.
- Conduct GMP, HACCP inspections on a regular basis and follow-up on corrective actions.
- Oversee 3rd party Audits & perform documentation
- Responds to consumer and customer complaints and requires corrective action response.
- Generate weekly quality summary reports and create shelf life evaluation reports
- Report quality and safety issues to the Director of Operations and General Manager
- Actively participate in Continuous Improvement initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree with emphasis in Food Processing, Food Science, Microbiology or MS preferred
- 5-7 years’ of experience in food manufacturing
- Able to work independently and as part of a cross-functional team
- Able to communicate effectively to all levels and cross-functional areas
- Superior interpersonal skills; able to get along with diverse personalities, tactful, mature, and flexible
- Excellent technical writing skills
- Must be willing to maintain a flexible work schedule, including nights and/or weekends as needed
- Solid proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel
- Participate as an active member of the raw product and senior management teams.
**To apply for position, send resume, references, and salary requirements to Crunch Pak via email at email@example.com or by mail to Attn. HR, 300 Sunset Highway, Cashmere, WA, 98815. **
Starting pay: DOE
Twin Falls, ID
Clif Bar was born on a bike. In 1990, Gary Erickson set off on a 175-mile bike ride. Exhausted and hungry, he realized he couldn’t take another bite of the energy bars he brought along. In that moment he now calls ‘the epiphany,’ he had the idea to make a better tasting energy bar.
Today, Gary and his wife, Kit Crawford, continue to lead Clif Bar’s innovative business model. Guided by Five Aspirations – Sustaining our People, our Business, our Brands, our Community and the Planet – Clif Bar is a family- and employee- owned company that loves food. We believe that food provides health, joy and energy to do the things we are passionate about. The food we create is good for people and the planet.
In April 2015 Clif Bar broke ground to build our new commercial bakery, Clif Bar Baking Company of Twin Falls. We believe that happy, healthy people create the best food and envision an innovative environment where our people can grow and succeed both personally and professionally. We strive to:
• Create a company culture that inspires and supports our people in and outside work.
• Sustain our people with competitive pay and benefits, holistic wellness offerings, and other innovative benefits.
• Hire the right people for the right positions and support them to grow in their current and future roles.
Working at Clif Bar Baking Company is a chance to make the highest quality bars at a different kind of bakery, with great people who are making great food to FEED YOUR ADVENTURE.
This is an exciting new step for Clif Bar. Let it be an exciting new step for you too!
To view job description and apply, please visit http://www.clifbar.com/careers.
|Food Safety & Quality Lead Technician||Twin Falls ID|
|Sanitation Team Member||Twin Falls ID|
|Warehouse Operator||Twin Falls ID|
|Production Operator||Twin Falls ID|
|Processing & Packaging System Engineer||Twin Falls ID|
|Food Safety & Quality Technician||Twin Falls ID|
|Maintenance Technician||Twin Falls ID|
To view job description and apply, please visit http://www.clifbar.com/careers.
Take yourself lightly and your work seriously. And…bring your best self to work each day!
Clif Bar Baking Company is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applicants of diverse backgrounds to apply.
Pro Moto Billet delivers to the world high-performance and cutting-edge products created with American pride. The company demonstrates a new definition of corporate responsibility. Pro Moto Billet leads with ethical and innovative business practices which impact their team, economics, the environment, society, education and humanity. Position Responsibilities and Objectives: Work at an internationally growing company as part of a dedicated team, and in partnership with the President. The Operations Manager is responsible for all aspects of Pro Moto Billet operations. This includes the manufacturing facility, engineering, quality, inventory, product planning, purchasing, assembly, packaging, shipping, and personnel. In addition, this position is responsible for all relevant interfaces with IT, R&D, sales and marketing.
11461 Lone Star Rd. Nampa, Idaho 83651• PH: 208-466-4762 FAX: 208-465-0209
FAMCO is a Meridian based manufacturing organization with over 35 years of successfully providing the highest quality products to the greater Northwest. Innovative, lean and employee focused, FAMCO provides one of the Treasure Valley’s best working environments.
Mountain Home, ID
In the Ditch Towing Products, the world’s leading manufacturer of custom tow truck and garage accessories, has opened a new facility and is seeking passionate, energetic people to join our team. With our rapid growth we’re looking to fill new positions and expand our staff. If you dream of working in an environment where your ideas can be turned into a reality, this may be the place for you. Our products have been featured in numerous magazines, won top industry awards, and been featured on programs such as Stacey David’s Gears, and the Speed Channel.
La Habra California
Shepard Bros. Inc., a leading chemical provider of cleaning, sanitizing, and water treatment products and services, is looking for an experienced individual to join our team in our Food and Beverage Division. We are a growing family owned business with seven divisions, which provides us the advantage of being a single source supplier to many industrial manufacturing markets.
Essential duties and responsibilities for this position will include:
- Make sales and prospect calls to generate an acceptable volume of leads and appointments to increase sales revenues and promote market awareness of the company.
- Complete all sales and service reports accurately and on time to management, customers, and production to ensure proper timely delivery of services to the customer.
- Complete all management feedback forms on time, to provide management with accurate input for use in marketing, production, administration, and sales/marketing planning.
- Develop strong relationships with key stakeholders at current and prospective customers, including plant and/or facility executives.
- Develop and execute call cycle plans for each account and prospect to ensure maximum control and efficiencies.
- Participate effectively in quarterly reviews of call cycle plans and all related activities.
- Adhere to management decisions and philosophies regarding the strategic plan and growth of the company.
- Assist and monitor installations, provide technical answers when required to resolve problems in the field in a satisfactory manner.
- Must speak fluent English; bilingual (English/Spanish) is desired
- Proficient level of skill in Microsoft Office
- Requires knowledge of business statistics and analysis
- Must be able to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure
- Aggressive, competitive, great attitude and a strong work ethic
- Strong planning and organization with ability to multi task and prioritize work to meet time-sensitive deadlines
- Possess excellent written/oral communication skills
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
We offer growth opportunities, competitive salary, bonus, 401(k) with company match, medical, dental, life and disability. This position is not eligible for relocation benefits. For more information, visit our web site at www.shepardbros.com.
For consideration, please send your resume including salary history to:
SHEPARD BROS., INC.
Attn: Human Resources
503 S. Cypress St.
La Habra, Ca 90631
FAX: (562) 697-5786
TechHelp Manufacturing Specialists provide information and technical/professional assistance that helps Idaho manufacturers, processors and inventors accelerate growth and profitability through continuous product and process innovation. TechHelp is a partnership of Idaho’s three state universities. As Idaho’s affiliate of the National Institute of Standards and Technology Manufacturing Extension Partnership (NIST MEP), TechHelp gives Idaho companies access to the knowledge and expertise of a national network of 1,500 manufacturing experts at 60 Centers. As Idaho’s Economic Development Administration University Center, TechHelp is tasked with leveraging university resources to create growth and jobs in rural and economically distressed areas of Idaho.