Posted by William Mullane | June 16, 2015
Hit the “I’m Interested” Button to Request a Course in Your Area.
Click the button below to let us know you would like us to host a future LSS GB Course in your geographic area or at your company.
Lean Six Sigma (LSS) is a well-known approach for achieving operational excellence that does more than simply improve production processes. LSS combines the process improvement benefits of Lean with the statistical process control (SPC) benefits of Six Sigma. It takes advantage of the “value-added” focus of Lean while maintaining the statistical rigors of Six Sigma. TechHelp regularly schedules Public LSS Green Belt (LSSGB) Workshop series throughout Idaho. Each series includes four full-day training sessions with three weeks between sessions for participants to complete project work that is a key part of the LSSGB program.
About the Course
- Participants will learn the principles of Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma using the Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve and Control process.
- Experienced Lean Six Sigma practitioners will teach the classes and support participants in their project work.
- Course material, simulations, and exercises will be relevant to the regional industry.
- LSS project work will allow the participant to apply class learning to an actual project in their organization.
- Successful participants will receive a completion certificate from an Idaho University.
- Class size of 15 – 20 (max) ensures quality class time and project supervision.
- Course Fee: $1250 /person covers all sessions, training materials, project support, venues & food. There is a 10% discount for two or more people registering from the same company. ASQ members are eligible for a 10% discount. Ask us about scholarships from the USDA for small rural companies.
- Private in-house training can be scheduled at any time. Contact us for availability.
- Information/Registration: Contact Gregg Lynde at email@example.com or 208-426-3852 to request a course in your area or company or hit the “I’m Interested” button below.
- Frequently Asked Questions?
- LSSGB Day 1 Class Session: “Define” Phase – Introduction to Lean Six Sigma & Lean concepts. Defining Waste, 5S, etc will allow for a successful homework project.
- LSSGB Day 2 Class Session: “Measure” Phase – Average and Standard Deviation, Common vs Special cause variation, Run, Line, and Control Charts, How to use SPC charts to determine stability, How to use Histograms with upper and lower spec limits to determine Capability, How to use QI macros software to make this all easy, How to use this in your workplace to understand process performance.
- LSSGB Day 3 Class Session: “Analyze” Phase – Discuss problem-solving and root cause analysis experience and give feedback and advice on alternative methods. Discuss common problems that are often encountered when collecting and analyzing data, and provide methods to avoid or minimize these problems. Introduction to basic statistical analysis tools and in-class exercises to practice using these tools on sample data. The class uses the QI Macros addition to MS Excel for the data analysis exercises.
- LSSGB Day 4 Session: “Improve/Control” Phase – Students will learn Project Management, Team Dynamics, Advanced LEAN Tools. What is Kaizen?, Solving the right problems – project planning and prioritizing, Revisit the House of Lean, Review the Lean Foundation tools – 5S, Visual Workplace and Standard Work, Kanbans and Two Bin Systems, Quality at the Source and Mistake Proofing, Leadership in a team environment – Coaching Kata, Norms for team members. Students will then do a Project presentation based on their selected project. Finally, there will be a course evaluation and then certificates will be provided for completed class & project work
ROI for Individual and Company
Real world project work is a vital part of the LSSGB program. Listed below are some typical improvements generated by LSS projects.
The course instructors have been successfully teaching and implementing Lean Six Sigma techniques for decades. They have experience in numerous industries and have worked with large and small companies.
Our OE LSS Support Partners
TechHelp Manufacturing Specialists provide information and technical/professional assistance that helps Idaho manufacturers, processors, and inventors accelerate growth and profitability through continuous product and process innovation.