Posted by admin | May 5, 2014
The Manufacturing Extension Partnership (MEP) recently honored TechHelp client, Rekluse, with an “American Manufacturing Hero” video. The Rekluse story demonstrates the importance of TechHelp to the manufacturers, inventors, students, educational institutions, and communities of Idaho.
From offices in Boise, Post Falls and Pocatello, TechHelp Manufacturing Specialists help Idaho manufacturers, food processors and inventors/entrepreneurs improve their competitiveness through continuous product and process innovation. Our services fall into three primary areas of practice that include:
The words EXTENSION and PARTNERSHIP capture the spirit of what we do:
- We extend our people, services, resources, knowledge and expertise to help Idaho manufacturers, processors and inventors improve competitiveness and profitability.
- We can be an extension of your company and your staff. Call us when you need us and send us away when we are done.
- TechHelp gives you access to a deep pool of local and national resources through our university, private sector, and national MEP partners.
- TechHelp Manufacturing Specialists are available statewide thanks to our university partners.
TechHelp strives to be a catalyst for strengthening Idaho manufacturing – accelerating its ongoing transformation into a more efficient and powerful engine of innovation driving economic growth and job creation.
- Accessible – TechHelp is an accessible organization that communicates regularly with clients, partners, and employees. TechHelp builds business relationships based on long-term commitment, trust, tangible results and putting client interests first.
- High Performing – TechHelp enhances customer satisfaction by helping businesses transform their operations and become self-sufficient in managing the change.
- Impactful – TechHelp is a public investment that pays for itself through significant returns to businesses, stakeholders, and the state economy. TechHelp activities drive higher productivity and wages, an increased tax base, quality jobs for Idaho graduates, growth in rural areas and improvements to the environment.
Our Partnerships & Affiliations
TechHelp is a partnership of Idaho’s three state universities and provides services statewide using university facilities around the state. This partnership gives Idaho companies access to university facilities, students, and faculty available to meet their needs.
As Idaho’s affiliate of the National Institute of Standards and Technology Manufacturing Extension Partnership (NIST MEP), TechHelp gives Idaho companies access to the knowledge and expertise of a national network of 1,500 manufacturing experts at 60 Centers.
As Idaho’s Economic Development Administration University Center, TechHelp is tasked with leveraging university resources to create growth and jobs in rural and economically distressed areas of Idaho.
Why and How is Manufacturing Good for Idaho?
- Manufacturing creates economic vitality and good jobs – Idaho Manufacturing Data from NAM
- Modern manufacturing is cool – Snowmobile racer designs, builds and uses high-tech leg.
- Modern manufacturing is really cool – Mountain bikers design, build and enjoy high-performance gear.
- How TechHelp and NIST MEP serve U.S. Manufacturers.