Posted by William Mullane | August 1, 2017
TechHelp is looking for a Food Safety, HACCP, GFSI, and FSMA consultant/practitioner to assist with food and dairy processing projects in Idaho. This person will be a Boise State CONTRACTOR not an employee of TechHelp or its partner universities. The practitioner will provide technical assistance to the food industry under contract to TechHelp Idaho, a manufacturing outreach organization operated by University of Idaho, Boise State University, and Idaho State University.
This position would be ideal for someone who is interested in consulting and values autonomy, flexibility, and control over work performed, hours and income. The selected contractor will work with TechHelp’s existing Food & Dairy Services Outreach Team. Our team has a long and successful history of providing assistance to Idaho’s food processing industry thanks to the efforts of Food Safety Specialist Jeff Kronenberg of TechHelp and the University of Idaho School of Food Science.
The consultant must meet a significant portion of the following qualifications:
- Minimum of 15 years’ experience working in food and dairy manufacturing. Familiar with the processing of cheese, whey, dry milk, French fries, potato flakes, fresh packed fruits and vegetables, confectionery, condiments, meat & poultry, juice, pulses, and seafood.
- B.S. degree in Food Science, Biology, or related area. Prefer M.S. degree. In-depth knowledge of biological, physical, and chemical food hazards.
- Practitioner in food safety and HACCP applications in food and dairy processing. Experience in developing and implementing prerequisite programs and HACCP/Food Safety plans in a variety of food operations. Experience in conducting GMP, food safety prerequisites, and HACCP training, preferably with an accreditation from AFDO or IHA.
- Experience with food safety and HACCP auditing standards, such as AIB, Silliker, NSF, and Primus. Strong working experience with GFSI audit schemes, including PrimusGFS, FSSC22000, BRC, and SQF.
- Extensive knowledge of FDA and USDA regulatory requirements, including cGMP, 21CFR123, FALCPA, Juice HACCP, Bioterrorism Act, Reportable Registry, FSMA Preventive Controls for Human Foods (21CFR117), Preventive Control for Animal Foods (21CFR507) and USDA FSIS HACCP regulations.
- Proven client track record, verifiable with references from past 5 years.
- Extensive experience in adult training and good presentation skills.
- Professional certifications: accreditations or certifications such as ASQ HACCP Auditor, FSPCA Lead Instructor, IHA Lead Instructor, Seafood/Juice HACCP Lead Instructor, or SQF Consultant.
- Applicants should reside in Idaho or Eastern Oregon.
Consultant’s fee is negotiable and dependant on experience.
Applicants should send a resume, cover letter, and list of references to TechHelp Executive Director, Steve Hatten at firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions can be directed to Steve at his email address or 208.426.3689