Posted by Gregg Lynde | November 10, 2017
Celebrate National Apprenticeship Week with the Treasure Valley Apprenticeship Idaho Event on Thursday, November 16th at Saint Alphonsus Regional Medical Center in Boise (McCleary Auditorium)
Register Now for this FREE event that runs from 11 am – 1 pm and includes a boxed lunch.
Attendees will learn:
- What is a registered apprenticeship program
- What a registered apprenticeship program can mean to your company
- What the registered apprenticeship program can do for workforce development
The Keynote Speaker is Jeff Sayer, a Managing Partner at Rectify Partners. Mr. Sayer will talk about addressing workforce skills gaps using registered apprenticeships. Jeff will be introduced by Melinda Smyser, Director of the Idaho Department of Labor.
Event speakers include Craig Shaul, a Research Analyst Supervisor with the Idaho Department of Labor who will address current workforce trends. Bill Kober, the Idaho State Director of the Office of Apprenticeship with the U.S. Department of Labor will talk about registered apprenticeships.
A Panel Discussion will address why employers choose to do a registered apprenticeship program vs other training models, how the program was developed (i.e. who was involved in the development of the on-the-job and related training), and how they hoped it would solve their workforce needs.
- Shawna Potter – Idaho Power
- Craig Graf – Micro100
- Gilda Lamb – Sawtooth Orthotics & Prosthetics
- Chris Southard – St. Luke’s Health Systems
As Idaho’s need for skilled workers grows, more and more companies and employees are exploring apprenticeship programs. Apprenticeship Idaho is a statewide initiative led by Idaho’s Department of Labor that helps employers develop registered apprenticeship programs as part of their overall talent development strategy. The Program is a collaborative effort among state agencies, workforce training centers, and industry partners. A subject matter expert can assist with the initial set-up of the apprenticeship program and the recruitment of candidates.
To learn more about TechHelp’s role in Apprenticeship Idaho or to see if an apprenticeship program would work for your company, contact one of our Manufacturing Specialists listed below:
- Gregg Lynde at firstname.lastname@example.org or 208.426.3852 – Southwestern Idaho
- Gene Hamacher at email@example.com or 208.449.8053 – Northern Idaho
- Dave O’Connell at firstname.lastname@example.org or 208-282-3928 – Eastern Idaho