Food Regulations & Labeling - Know the Business Cold!
Protect Your Business & Customers and Drive Your Competitive Advantage ONLINE October 15 & November 12
Register by September 20 for a 50% Discount!
Attend one or both of our 2-hour virtual sessions to learn how to use food regulations and labeling strategies to protect your business and customers and create a significant competitive advantage in your industry.
- Follow The Letter of the Law! – It is vitally important that food manufacturers follow all applicable FDA, USDA, and EPA regulations, including those that pertain to the labels on your product, website, or sales material. Don’t leave it to chance; ensure you know the ins and outs of what is required of you.
- Expand Your Knowledge Base – Are you in Quality, R&D, Sales, or Operations? Would you benefit from understanding regulatory requirements for finished products? Would that expanded breadth make you more effective at communicating cross-functionally?
- Competitive Advantages – Are your products Organic, Non-GMO, Halal, Kosher, Gluten-free, Paleo….? If you can legally make claims that appeal to your target consumer, you’ll have an advantage over your competitors. If you make claims that are not adequately substantiated, you could face lawsuits and steep financial penalties. Cover your bases and ensure you make claims properly.
Who Should Attend These Webinars:
Food Manufacturing Business Owners and staff members working in Quality, R&D, Sales, and Operations.
What We Will Cover:
Session 1: Labeling Requirements and Regulations for Food Products – October 15 – 10 am-Noon
Keep your company and consumers safe. Join expert regulatory specialist Shawanda Brown to learn what is required on a retail or foodservice manufactured food product to ensure legal compliance and consumer safety. These will include key features such as FDA and USDA guidelines for:
- FDA and USDA Regulations Review
- Statement and Standard of Identity
- Principal Display Panel Contents
- Information Panel Contents, Including Nutrition Facts Panel and Ingredient Statement
- Food Allergen Labeling, including nuances of shared facilities and disclaimers
- Nutrition Analysis
Session 2: Legal Requirements for Regulatory and Nutritional Claims – November 12 – 10 am – Noon
Product claims are advantageous to your company because they signify a higher perception of quality for your consumers and increase purchase intent. However, such claims can have profound legal implications that your company should be aware of. Learn about the product, testing, and processing requirements necessary to add these essential marketing claims on your sales material, website, and product label. Our presenter will also compare applicable certifying bodies to help you navigate certification for specific claims.
- Organic Certification and Labeling Variations
- Keto, Paleo, and other diet trends
- Register before 9/20 to get a 50% early bird discount. The registration fee for a single session is $92.50 before 9/20 and $185 after. The fee for both sessions is $150 before 9/20 and $300 after.
For registration assistance or questions, contact Jane Hokanson at 208-616-5191 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For specific course information, contact Catherine Cantley 208-426-2181 or email@example.com.
Instructor Shawanda Brown
Shawanda Brown is the founder of Brown Regulatory Compliance LLC in Idaho. With over 18 years of market experience in Regulatory, Shawanda has worked for companies such as Godiva Chocolatier, Nestlé, ConAgra, and J.R. Simplot Company. Throughout the years, Shawanda has provided expert regulatory guidance on compliant food labeling, claim substantiation, and packaging design for products sold domestically and internationally. Shawanda holds a Bachelor’s degree in Food Science and Human Nutrition, a Master’s degree in Marketing, and a Graduate Certificate in Integrated Marketing Communications.