As part of the National Manufacturing Extension Partnership (MEP), TechHelp is committed to protecting our clients, our team members, and our families. If you have any questions or need assistance, you can contact one of our manufacturing specialists directly or click the link below to provide us information we will use to connect you with the right resource.
- Here is the latest update on all things COVID from the Joint Business Service Providers of North Idaho.
- All details regarding the State of Idaho’s reopening plan are available on the State Reopening Page.
Throughout the pandemic, TechHelp has gathered a chronological list of manufacturing-related COVID updates and resources here. We also provide information related to food manufacturing here.
TechHelp is part of a network of 51 MEP Centers in all 50 states and Puerto Rico. These centers are available to help small and medium-sized manufacturers (SMMs) through this challenge with more than 1,400 trusted advisors and experts at approximately 375 MEP service locations.
TechHelp Manufacturing Specialists are positioned throughout Idaho and can assist manufacturers with most business operations and workforce needs including product design & development, food manufacturing & safety, plant operational issues, business continuity, supply chain issues, and supplier scouting/matchmaking. Contact us if you need help or would like to learn more.
Our New Product Development Team can help with:
- Product Design & Build
- Rapid Prototyping & 3D Printing
- Idea Development
- Design for Manufacturing
From the New Product Development Lab at Boise State University, we work with entrepreneurs, start-ups, and established companies from a variety of industries on projects of all sizes. We specialize in concept development, design engineering, and prototyping solutions. For your prototyping needs, we offer on-demand 3D printing and RTV mold making services.
Our Food Manufacturing Team can help with:
- Food Safety Issues & Employee Training
- Advanced Food Safety Programs
- Food Manufacturing
Vital COVID Related Information for the Food Industry
- COVID-19 Resources Specific to the Food Manufacturing Industry
- Critical Workforce – Guidance On The Essential Critical Infrastructure Workforce
- Food Northwest Recommendations for Food Manufacturers– Emergency Prevention Measures for Physical (Social) Distancing in Food Manufacturing Facilities as Related to COVID-19
- Protocols for if/when employees test positive in the food industry
- FDA Food Safety and Coronavirus disease 2019
- NC State comprehensive facts YouTube video
Our Operational Excellence Team can address a number of issues including Supply Chain Challenges and Operations/Production Issues.
- TechHelp can tap into the NIST MEP National Network for matchmaking activities between manufacturers and suppliers. If you need a manufactured good and can’t find it, we can put a request out through the network. We can also route requests from around the nation to Idaho manufacturers.
- We maintain tight relationships with private, state, and federal resources. If you have a need and aren’t sure which way to turn, contact us. We make resource referrals all the time.
TECHHELP’S PLAN FOR THE FUTURE
- TechHelp Specialists will keep you informed on the status of current and future workshops and events. We will waive cancellation fees for any projects or events that our clients wish to reschedule.
- We will offer meetings by phone or video conference at the client’s discretion.
- Our specialists and outside consultants will continue to take precautionary measures in order to minimize the risk of transmission.
We will let you know about the increasing list of online resources for training, information, and programs to assist manufacturers. We have listed some useful webinars on our Event Calendar. NIST MEP is providing information about programs and funding designed to help companies weather the storm and recover. We will collect this valuable information and share it with you as appropriate.
Links to Valuable Resources
- Full list of Resources from Idaho Commerce
- COVID-19 Resources for North Idaho
- List of Essential Business Functions
- Link to Governor’s Stay-Home Order
- Link to Stay-Home Informational Poster
- Official Idaho Coronavirus Page
- SBA Disaster Economic Injury Loan Assistance
- Southwest Idaho Manufacturers’ Alliance
- Idaho Small Business Development Center
- Up to Date Coronavirus Resources from KTVB
Testing sites, grocery store hours, & resources for children and childcare.
- Full list of resources from NIST MEP
- IRS Coronavirus Tax Relief Page
- U.S. Department of Labor for COVID-19 page
- US Department of Labor: Occupational Safety and Health Administration – OSHA standards
- OSHA: Guidance on Preparing Workplaces for COVID-19
- U.S. Small Business Administration: Guidance for Businesses and Employers to Plan to Respond to Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- Apply for an SBA COVID-19 Economic Injury Disaster Loan – This loan advance will provide up to $10,000 of economic relief to businesses that are currently experiencing temporary difficulties. Click the link above to access the SBA page.
- Ask your bank if you can apply for the SBA Paycheck Protection Program or PPP. This loan program provides loan forgiveness for retaining employees by temporarily expanding the traditional SBA 7(a) loan program.
- Apply for an SBA Bridge Loan – Enables small businesses who currently have a business relationship with an SBA Express Lender to access up to $25,000 quickly.
- Apply for SBA Debt Relief – The SBA is providing a financial reprieve to small businesses during the COVID-19 pandemic