Sliver Needle Inc.
Silver Needle Inc.
Kellogg, Idaho – Shoshone County
Silver Needle Positioned for Future Growth and Change
In October 2006, Silver Needle Inc. created a factory designed to produce protective clothing of all kinds. As demand for products increased, implementing Lean practices to improve efficiency and lead times became necessary.
TechHelp, a member of the MEP National Network™, worked with Silver Needle Inc. to develop a plant improvement plan, where the creation of a Lean culture was crucial. TechHelp provided Lean training for key personnel in order to create a core of Lean Technicians and internal Lean Champions.
- Lean helped reduce lead times, cycle times, work cell efficiency, and improve on-time delivery.
- Lean helped the company retain sales of $130K.
- Lean improvements led to the creation of 2 new jobs and the retention of 20 employees.
- Creation of plant efficiencies that saved Silver Needle $75K.
- Productive investments of $195K in plant operations.
- The creation of a Lean culture helped position the company for future growth and change.
“We continue to amaze ourselves at how we evolve and embrace change. TechHelp champions our efforts to effectively engage employees in making the improvements we need to make on our Lean journey.”
–Renee Gilbert Human Resources & Marketing Manager, Silver Needle, Inc.