High Country Fusion Company Inc.
New Product & Market Development
High Country Fusion Company
Advanced Services for Experts
High Country Fusion Corporation (HCFC) was founded in 1994 by Steve Wilson and David Hanks, with extensive knowledge and experience in the High-Density Polyethylene (HDPE) Pipe industry. Over the years HCFC grew to 50+ employees at five branch locations, selling pipe, equipment, and fittings to much of the Western United States and the world.
Company executives wanted to develop a more proactive and data-driven approach to growing exports. ExporTech would give the company three months to develop an export plan with the help of the Idaho District Export Council, TechHelp, and Boise State International Business Students. This would give the HCFC Export Team the time and resources needed to develop a plan for accelerating exports to its best export markets. The HCFC Team met weekly and bi-weekly with the interns & coaches and worked 20 hours/week (240 hours total) developing and implementing the plan.
- Since ExporTech, the HCFC Australia team of 5 people traveled to Australia 10 times for 2-4 weeks per visit. The team attended 2 trade shows to demonstrate products and made numerous sales calls.
- HCFC opened a distribution branch in Clontarf, Queensland, Australia in January 2013 that is currently staffed with a Managing Director / Sales, office manager, accounting manager, and warehouse manager.
- HCFC invested $25K in legal and accounting services to establish High Country Fusion Pty Ltd in Australia.
- Working with partners at Zion’s Bank and Wespac Bank in Australia, HCFC and HCF PTY invested $2,000,000 in inventory and equipment for sale and rental.
· The company was elected as the 2012 Idaho Exporter of the Year by SBA and US Commercial Service.
“The ExporTech Program gave us the time and resources needed to really focus on and succeed at export planning. Instead of just responding to random requests, we were able to analyze the entire world and proactively choose where, why, and how we wanted to expand.”
– Steve Hanks, Owner & Cofounder, High Country Fusion Company